Sunday 10 November 2013

Barbarian Archers

So this week I've been mostly painting barbarians. I bought these models ages ago, can't remember what for but then they went into a box, as has happened on a number of occasions, and there they sat.


Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet but, for the time being they've gone into my ever growing dungeon collection.


Speaking of which, I've seen some rules I'm quite interested in by Otherworld Miniatures. This is one of my favourite miniatures companies. They produce a classic range of fantasy miniatures based on the pictures in the original Dungeons and Dragons and Advanced Dungeons and Dragons roleplaying games. I've got a growing collection of various monsters, some of which, such as the Beholder and giant rats, I've completed.

I've seen my next purchase from them

http://otherworldminiatures.co.uk/shop/dab-series-dungeon-adventurers-boxed-sets/dab3-female-characters-12/#

But for these I need some ebay pennies.

As well as the barbarians I've also been working on a number of other pieces

I have an old Marauder Giant, an example of which is below:


I've been working on mine on and off for a week so far. With Kelly's help I've made a MDF base and most of him is now attached, although I think I'm missing a couple of extras like the barrel. Hopefully I should have pictures soon.

I've also been looking at the various dragons that I have. As those that know me, I have a penchant for dragons and have collected many over the year, even painting a few. Well I've started consolidating my collection and have found a number of dragons I didn't even know I had. I'm working on one at the moment and have made a custom base for it to sit on. I'll have pictures of that soon as well.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice looking archers, and a fantastic geant, I like him!!

    ReplyDelete