Sunday 26 June 2011

The Skeletons rise

Well, a week has gone by and I've managed to finish my first unit of 30 skeles. After receiving some constructive and not so constructive criticism, I made a change to the base edge colour to help elevate the bases, themselve. I've also reduced the number of models needed to complete the unit by using both 40mm and regiment bases.

The final finish will be the movment tray but I intend to make that at some point in the future.

So here are a couple of pics.
So its onto the next which will be to finish the unit of chariots I started with the test models. I might treat myself with a character model as the final 2500 point army will have 7, I think.

3 comments:

  1. Those are brilliant Craig. They look better for not having the regimented look that people normally go for with Tomb Kings. I think I really like the basing (is it a tiled effect?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Green edged bases look much better now, the focus is now drawn to the models, not the bases and the models look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb... great shading and blending, brilliant bases. I quite liked the blue bases but Tom is right your eye did wander, now the blue on the models is emphasised and they look great.

    Did you handmake each base or is it like a stick on thing?

    Cant wait to see some of the characters.

    ReplyDelete