Monday 3 January 2022

The Return and aim

So, I've not done this in a very, very long time. So long, in fact that I'm surprised this still exists. So, what brings me back? I decided I'd like to showcase my work a little more and focus on a hobby that I still enjoy and still find I have things to learn. I'm going to set myself a goal of at least one post a month with a stretch of two or three. The posts will focus on painting I've done but may also include boardgames I've played as I've moved away from wargames, in general, no longer have the need or inclination to paint armies also have a permanent set up for painting, something I've never had and feel lucky I've managed it. In fact, here's a picture of my office/come man cave
And, now to the work I've been doing. I'm not going to go over the various miniatures, scenery, terrain, etc I've done over the last six or so years, that I've been away. Rather I'm going to start afresh and start with the figures I'm working on at present. As I said, I've moved away from wargames, in general, though I still have one passion that I remain involved in, which I'll reveal in a later post. What I have been doing are boardgame pieces and fantasy figures, designed, in general, for Dungeons and Dragons, though I don't play very often. I do, however, like the figures and still pick up and paint what takes my liking. About six months ago that was dwarf adventurers by Midlam Miniatures. Here's an image of the then kickstarter they ran:
These turned up a little before Christmas and I put aside other figures to pick these up straight away. I've started painting these and here's where I am so far. Only images of the ones I'm currently working on:
Female Dwarf Fighter - Vakdra Deathblow
Male Dwarf Fighter - Borgun Headsplicer
Female Dwarf Monk - Sister Surmon
Male Dwarf Monk - Brother Bythbuk
Female Dwarf Ranger - Rignil Wayfinder
Male Dwarf Ranger - Gregnil Sureshot
And finally - Male Dwarf Cleric - Father Grimm. This last one is a work in progress. Well, they all are, at present. The basing needs to be finished but I'll need to order some new grass tufts, which is my basing of choice at present. And that's it for the first post of the year. Let's see if I can manage to keep this going thoughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment